Real Estate

Apply for a Property Management License

A Sales Agent or Broker license is required for any individual who, for another and for valuable consideration, engages in property management including advertising real estate for lease or rent, procuring prospective tenants or lessees, negotiating lease or rental terms, executing lease or rental agreements. A licensed Sales Agent and Associate Broker engaging in property management must be affiliated and supervised by a Principal Broker. The licensing requirement does not apply to an owner who manages his or her own property, an employee for one property owner, apartment managers who reside in the apartments at reduced rent, full-time salaried employees of a Homeowners Association, hotel or motel management, or management activities associated with rental accommodations for a period of less than 30 consecutive days.

Prior to opening a Real Estate Brokerage that desires to perform property management services, a Broker must submit to the Division: