firstHomeConsumer ResourcesAppraisalAMCsMortgageReal EstateTimesharesSubdivisions

Register a Project

Frequently Asked Questions
What projects must be registered?
A timeshare or camp resort project that is either located in Utah or offered or sold in Utah must be registered with the Utah Division of Real Estate prior to offering or selling any interest in the project.
Who is exempt from registration?

The following transactions are exempt and are NOT required to be registered with the Utah Division of Real Estate: isolated transactions by an owner of an interest in a project, an offer or sale by a governmental entity, a bona fide pledge of interest in a project, and an offering of fewer than ten interests in a project.

To register a timeshare or camp resort project, submit to the Division:

To amend a project registration:

A project registration may be amended at any time by submitting to the Division:

  • Signed cover letter providing specific information amending the original registration.
  • $200 non-refundable fee.

To register additional interest in a project already registered, submit to the Division:

To obtain a temporary sales permit:

The Division may grant a temporary permit allowing the developer to begin a sales program while registration is in process. To obtain a temporary sales permit, submit to the Division:

  • Signed cover letter requesting a temporary sales permit.
  • Completed and signed Application for Registration as a Timeshare/Camp Resort Salesperson.
  • Documentation from a financial institution less than 30 days old verifying an independent escrow account into which all funds from sales are placed with instructions that funds will not be released until registration is complete.
  • Non-refundable fee of $500 for up to 100 interests, plus $3 for each interest over 100, up to a maximum of $2,500 for each application.
  • $300 Inspection Deposit.
  • $100 non-refundable temporary permit fee.