What is the New Agent course and who needs to take it?
All new Real Estate Agents (licensed July 1, 2007 - present) are required to take the 12 Hour New Agent Course in order to renew their license.
*This course is also qualified as a Core Course and could be used to towards CE requirements.
Do I need CE if my license is inactive?
CE is not required if renewing as inactive, as long as the license is renewed on time. If an inactive license expires, that license is subject to the same requirements as for an active license.
What happens if my license expires?
Licensees may be renewed late online within 30 days past expiration with a $50 late fee.
*Remember, if your license is inactive, you will need CE to renew an expired license.
What if my license is expired longer than 30 days?
To reinstate a license after 30 days and within six months past expiration, you must submit renewal online. You must also:
- Complete at least 18 hours of certified
Real Estate CE courses, including 9 hours of core topic courses (highlighted in yellow).
Note:You may obtain credit for a non-certified course by submitting to the Division the
Non-Certified Continuing Education Credit Request.
- Pass the Utah portion of the Real Estate Exam OR 6 hours (in addition to the 18 CE hours for renewal).
- For an active license, a Change Card (submitted through RELMS) and non-refundable $15 fee.
- For Sales Agents, $42 non-refundable fee.
- For Brokers, $48 non-refundable fee.
- $100 non-refundable reinstatement fee.
- For Principal or Branch Brokers, documentation from a financial institution less than 30 days old verifying a trust account on which the Broker is a signatory.
- For Principal Brokers the Utah Division of Corporations must show the company is current and in good standing.
To reinstate a license after six months and within 12 months past expiration, complete (in addition to the reinstatement items above) to the Division:
- A total of 42 hours of approved continuing education from an approved continuing education provider (18 hours for renewal and an additional 24 hours to reinstate. See CE Renewal Chart).
Licenses expired for more than one year are not eligible for reinstatement and Utah law requires that licensees reapply as a new applicant.
Note: Renewal and reinstatement applicants must complete the process online.